Our 2017 GG's now available
Since its founding in 1849, Reichsrat von Buhl has stood for some of the noblest Riesling from the best vineyards of Mittelhaardt. We are more than ever committed to this tradition and see it as a commitment to quality. Born of the bequest of Andreas Jordan's vineyards to his children Ludwig Andreas, Josephine and Margaret, Reichsrat von Buhl grew by the marriage of Armand Buhl to Juliane Schellhorn-Wallbillisch, the daughter of a Forster winemaker. After the death of the childless Frieda Piper von Buhl, the winery passed to George Enoch von und zu Guttenberg. From 1989 to 2013 the winery was leased, during which time it was sold to Achim Niederberger who installed a new team to run his estate in 2013. This is a very brief summary of the long and exciting history of Reichsrat von Buhl.